The short version of this post is that we’re back to performing sessions in person at our new office in Buckhead (we moved in on April 1st). But I’d like to offer a few details on what to expect now that Georgia’s restrictions on businesses have been partially lifted.
Since late March when the stay-at-home orders were instituted, we’ve been conducting sessions exclusively via FaceTime & Zoom. I’ve been performing long-distance sessions for years with video chat technology for clients all around the world with good results, so this was just an expansion on that from my perspective.
While those sessions work very well, when it comes to therapy there are some definite benefits in being able to meet in person. For example, I’m able to view my clients’ full body language which allows me to better understand and communicate with them during the session. It also allows me to perform hypnosis more effectively with the small percentage of clients who need a bit more help relaxing into trance.
So it’s understandable that some of my clients wanted to delay their sessions until we were able to meet in person, and we’re now able to do so.
That said, I’m very aware of the necessity to take precautions in order to reduce the likelihood of spreading the disease. I continue to wear a mask whenever entering a public building or environment, even though it may seem superfluous in my nearly-vacant office building at Two Ameris Center.
So here’s what to expect when you arrive at my office for an appointment:
- Currently, you are likely to come into contact with very few people on your way into the building.
- There’s a security guard (wearing a mask) at the desk roughly 20 feet past the elevators.
- With four elevators, you’ll be able to take your own private ride up to the 3rd floor.
- You may encounter a person or two on your way from the elevator to my suite (322) at the end of the hallway. They will likely be wearing masks as well.
- Upon entering my suite, you will likely see an empty waiting room with four comfortable chairs. Our suite is about 1000 square feet, so plenty of room for 6-feet of social distancing.
- We’ll have hand sanitizer available for you to use.
- If another client is in my personal office prior to your session, you may see them exit after the completion of their session. Again, there is plenty of room to keep your distance from others during your visit.
- I will say hello from a safe distance and invite you into my office with a smile.
- We’ll sit 6-feet apart during the entirety of our session.
And here’s what I’d recommend to maximize safety and minimize risk for yourself and others:
- Please stay home and reschedule your appointment if you are symptomatic. I am waiving my 48-hour cancellation policy throughout the epidemic, so you won’t lose your session if you have to reschedule with late notice.
- Wear a mask while entering the building and my office (and all public spaces).
- Wash your hands using the restrooms located near the elevators.
- You may remove your mask while we conduct our session.
We’re all being advised to stay home and eliminate unnecessary travel during the pandemic, but your mental and emotional health are incredibly important during this time. So I’m happy to meet with one client at a time to help everyone stay calm and healthy during the crisis.
If you’re interested in scheduling a session or a free consultation, please click this link to select a time for us to chat.
Click here for information on good hygiene tips and other precautions you can take from the Georgia Department of Health.